Dad, daughter escape Tas chimney flue fire
A man and his sleeping 12-year-old daughter have made a lucky escape after their Tasmanian home caught fire due to a hot chimney.
Heat from the flue started a fire in the roof above the living room where the girl was sleeping and the man briefly left the room, returning to find smoke and flames.
Fire crews arrived at the Whitemore home about 2am to find the house completely alight. They treated the pair for smoke inhalation and minor burns and called their escape "lucky".
© AAP 2018