Christmas lights blamed for Tas home fire
Faulty Christmas lights were to blame for a house fire in Tasmania which sent three residents running for their lives.
The front half of the home at Montello in the state's northwest went up in flames in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Two women and a man were found sheltering in the backyard of the badly destroyed property, which suffered $300,000 damage.
"The occupants of this property were lucky to escape," Tasmania Fire Service regional fire investigator Anthony Goss said.
"We believe the fire was caused by a failure of the small connection box on a Christmas lights set which has caused it to heat up and catch fire."
Mr Goss said the trio were altered to the fire by smoke alarms.
He's urged all home owners to check Christmas lights for damage.
© AAP 2017
You may also like...
- If you've never seen this before, head outside this week and have a look. This massive piece of metal flies around the world and this week is a...The young side have been improving week-by-week and led superbly by captain Terry Sawyer again on Saturday, but The Glen go down Original Source...A woman in her 40s has been stabbed, robbed and sexually assaulted by an armed man who broke into her northern NSW home in the middle of the night.The...