Latest News

Local News

Roo, wallaby rehomed after being kept illegally

A wallaby and kangaroo have found a new home at Rockhampton Zoo after being kept illegally west of Bundaberg.    They're just two of dozens of native animals that were seized from the property in November after a tip off from the public.   Manager of Wildlife and Threatened Species Frank Mills says the...

Electric shock at Boyne Island workplace

A man, in his 20s, has received an electric shock. Queensland Ambulance Service was called to a Boyne Island workplace on Handley Drive around 2AM Tuesday. It is believed the man was using a grinder when he was shocked. He was taken to Gladstone Hospital in a stable condition. Image: Supplied

Calls to control feral goats on Woppa

Fresh calls have been made to control the feral goats on Woppa, or Great Keppel Island. The population has grown to around 500. Livingstone Shire Council says the Queensland Government and leaser holder, Tower Holdings, need to step in. Councillor Andrea Friend says the animals are damaging the dunes. “Goat numbers have increased to...

Two people injured in Central Queensland crashes

A person is in Gladstone Hospital following a two vehicle crash at Kirkwood. Emergency services were called to the intersection of the Dawson Highway and Don Young Drive around 6AM. The crash closed both lanes as crews worked to clear the scene. Paramedics took one person to hospital in a stable condition while...

Queensland drops some of its remaining COVID-19 vax restrictions

Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirements will be removed for visitors to residential aged care facilities, disability accommodation and prisons. Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced the changes, which come into effect from 1am, Thursday, June 30. In addition, the high-risk worker COVID-19 vaccine mandate will be revoked in schools, early childhood education, outside school care,...

Safety recall of Rocky Show item

If you were gifted a small torch at the Rockhampton Show the advice is to stop using it. The products were handed out as promotional gifts at Council's disaster management stall. A safety recall has been issued for the product. The battery compartment is defective and not adequately secured meaning children can easily...
If you have information on something happening near you or wish to contact the newroom use this link